Charts on slave

sv-ara

I have a dual Navnet 3D MFD8 system with the master at the nav station and slave at the helm, running software version 2.07. I recently updated the charts, including newly purchased ones with the new ucboot.uc, and this worked successfully on the master. My understanding is that the charts need to be updated on the slave as well. When I try and go to the DATA CATALOG tab on the slave, the tab is blank and the unit freezes. If I don't wait too long, I can cancel out. Otherwise I will get an error like Furuno.BlackBox.MFD.exe has performed an illegal operation and must be shut down.

Advice?

Hello vs-ara,

Is the slave a MFD8 as well? Yes, the charts must be updated on both. With ver. xxx-02.07 sw you can use up to a MAX size of 32GB for the SD card to load the charts into the MFD8 HDD. However, no more than 2 files on the card at a time. Also when deleting the old charts, delete 2 at the most during any one power up. Delete up to 2, then turn the unit OFF and BACK on to press on.

The reason is the RAM can get full and run out of memory.

B/R,
Titanic II

Thanks for responding. My issue is that the slave crashes when I go to the data catalog tab to do the update. The tab is blank and the system stalls until I cancel or it crashes.

The meta catalog file on the hard drive inside the unit has been corrupted. The drive is most likely okay as the unit is still working. I would recommend sending it in for service so they can re-image the drive and fix the system meta catalog file.

The meta catalog file on the hard drive inside the unit has been corrupted. The drive is most likely okay as the unit is still working. I would recommend sending it in for service so they can re-image the drive and fix the system meta catalog file.
Johnny - thanks. Yes the drive is still working so I agree it's unlikely to be the drive. But "send it in for service" sounds like weeks and I need a solution faster than that. The local dealer is 6+ weeks out before they'll even look at it.

It seems to me that the overall drive directory structure would have to be intact or WinCE wouldn't find the files for charts and settings and so on. Is there no way to re-gen just that catalog? Can I re-install 2.07 (and not have to redo all my settings l, as well as routes and way points) in order to re-gen that file? (And where would I get a clean copy of 2.07?)

Would anything else cause this specific error? Ie does the master unit have to be on or off or anything happen in a specific order before the slave can be updated? I did update the uc file with the codes for the new charts on the slave. Was that the wrong thing to do? Unfortunately I hadn't anticipated an issue so I did not check the data catalog before doing that.

It is the only cause that I have ever seen. The USA service center has a 7 to 10 day turn around but if not fast enough the other option would be to order and replace the hard drive. The machine has to be factory cleared to pair the new harddrive to the CFast memory and then the user data restored.

Back