Chart Setting When Following Route with AP

CBBeaty

Furuno Fan
Is there a setting to cancel the screen from zooming in as you reach a waypoint on a route using the AP? I like to run with one screen set fairly zoomed out and the other zoomed in but notice they both then zoom in to the same distance as you reach a waypoint.

Thanks

Johnny Electron":vb778jhb said:
HOME - SETTINGS - ROUTES - Intelligent Route Waypoint centering ON/OFF

Both machines were set to ON so I changed both to OFF and no difference. I would set one machine so I could see the next 10 waypoints and the other machine to the next waypoint. As I reach the next waypoint BOTH machines zoom in to the point I'm crossing and then zoom out a hair.

Is it HOME - SETTINGS - ROUTES - Route Auto Zoom - OFF?

Johnny Electron":34tybkz5 said:
How about your setting: HOME - SETTINGS - ROUTES - Intelligent route Waypoint Centering ON/OFF?

Again I already turned intelligent route waypoint centering FROM on TO "off" on BOTH machines per your suggestion above and it did nothing.

CBBeaty":2f737e8z said:
Johnny Electron":2f737e8z said:
How about your setting: HOME - SETTINGS - ROUTES - Intelligent route Waypoint Centering ON/OFF?

Again I already turned intelligent route waypoint centering FROM on TO "off" on BOTH machines per your suggestion above and it did nothing.

I have the same issue, which I noticed for the first time today. It appears to have started with the new update.

I did the same thing going in and setting both TZT 3 displays to have both auto zoom and intelligent waypoint centering turned off and it was still doing the zoom thing on my radar, which was quite annoying and unsafe.

Double check under HOME > SETTINGS > ROUTES > "Routes Auto Zoom" is in the "OFF" position.

That should take care of it.

Hope that helps, :sail

- Maggy

Magnetron":1lvxxcbr said:
Double check under HOME > SETTINGS > ROUTES > "Routes Auto Zoom" is in the "OFF" position.

That should take care of it.

Hope that helps, :sail

- Maggy
Thanks. I may have identified my problem. This is a unit-specific setting apparently and not shared over the network, which I did not realize. I had the intelligent centering turned off on both but the auto zoom was not turned off on the one I was using for the radar.

I have not been out to check it.

You might be on to it. We tested here and found when the unit had the three settings I talked about turned off; the range didn't move an inch. I couldn't duplicate the concern but your right that these are not GLOBAL settings so you have to check the setting on EACH display.Captureplotrange.JPG

I just went and updated a TZT2BB from 8.01 to 9.01 today and what I found is on v.8.01 I had to turn off the triple play mentioned previously by JE for it to not "zoom in" after hitting it's waypoints.

Now when I updated to v.9.01, of course I have to run my factory clears on it (for the main unit and the fish finder). This reset my clock amongst other settings to their default values (e.g. GMT+0) but no biggie I know what they are and just go and toggle the settings I want on, setup the fish finder transducer selection, check radar source, et. al.

It appeared that the v.9.01 did reset the three settings to "on" by default. So, if I had updated my box and just left it, sure enough the "symptom does occur." However - I went and turned off these settings in the HOME > SETTINGS > ROUTES and other places mentioned before running my test.

Sure enough, if you have turned "off" the culprits prior to making gotos and routes, this symptom of "zooming in" does not happen.

For customers experiencing this, please check for the proper settings related to waypoint zoom previously mentioned every time a "factory clear" is performed.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back