Can’t get change of depth units to stick

southatlantic

Hi,
I have recently received my new boat with two TZT12 MFDs on the Flybridge and two in the salon. I love the system, still getting used to it, big change from my previous boat with NavNet 3Ds!
I am having trouble with one aspect:
I keep having to change the depth units from ft to meters, which I prefer. I am tapping on Home> Settings > Units > Depth > Meter > x
What am I doing wrong? The language is set to English (US). Does that cause a default to ft every time the units restart?

On your TZT12Fs, it appears they may be running earlier software where this was an reported issue. Try navigating to HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > Quick Self-Test and check the last three digits of the boot loader version. It should be up to version. 3.01 if not, check with your dealer or go to this link and (if it's appropriate for your situation*) upgrade to the latest version and that should resolve the issue.

(*If not sure whether or not to update, check with your local dealer or call into Furuno Light Marine Technical Support.)

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Hi Maggy,

Thank you very much, I have checked as you recommended and I have version 2.01, so that is most likely the problem. I will try to update once I am in a place with decent internet access.
Thank you again!

The fix made it into earlier revisions before 3.01, but we recommend updating to the latest software anyway to enjoy all the additional improvements made between v2 and v3.

For a list of improvements, see this link

Much Appreciated, :sail

- Maggy

Back