Camera question

Wondering if you can tell me the best IP camera to use for the tz3. I see people talking of the axis cameras but im not sure what model they are using. It would be in an engine room.
Is the tz3 compatible with any Ip camera? or just axis?

Thank you for any help you can provide me.

TZT3 MFD’s are compatible with various IP camera such as FLIR, AXIS and YACHT CAM. We have a list of FLIR IP cameras that are compatible our website. It’s also compatible with Axis cameras that are H.264 format. FLIR and Axis cameras work great with the TZT3 display and has been successful with are previous TZT MFD’s, but I’ve had a lot of good feedback and been successful with FLIR model M232 cameras.

YachtyBoy

I use a couple of cheap automotive backup cameras connected to the RCA analog inputs for my engine room. They can be had for about $20 - $25 on Amazon. Just make sure you get the ones that allow removal of the backup guide lines and flipping of the image (on most, this is done by cutting jumper wires). I wired the power for them into the LED engine room light circuit. They work great and I just turn on the ER lights if I want to view the cameras on the TZT.

Johnny, in looking at the TZT3 Installation manual, it does not mention a requirement for a "JCU-3" keypad for integration to a FLIR M232 IR camera. However, an older Furuno/Flir compatibility document stated it is required for parking and, maybe on/off operation.

Any chance you can clarify if I need the JCU-3 for my new TZT3 12" system?

GUS":17n9d5vm said:
Johnny, in looking at the TZT3 Installation manual, it does not mention a requirement for a "JCU-3" keypad for integration to a FLIR M232 IR camera. However, an older Furuno/Flir compatibility document stated it is required for parking and, maybe on/off operation.

Any chance you can clarify if I need the JCU-3 for my new TZT3 12" system?

Having just installed this camera on my TZT3 12/19" system I can te you it is required to park the camera properly. It does sucl that we have to buy a $315 control pad just to do this, bit it is a sad reality at the moment. I will say the camera is awsom though and completely worth the money if is saves you from running into one object in reduced visibility.

We've used the Axis M2025-LE in the past with great results. The field of view (115deg) is wide enough for a good view in engine spaces and aft cockpits while not being so wide it is terribly distorted. We did have to turn down the resolution with TZT2s as it seemed to lag the entire system (4 TZTL15Fs, 3 cameras). It took some work to get the setup correct but they've performed flawlessly since. They aren't cheap at around $300 retail but the IR and POE capabilities make this our go to for cameras with Furuno. YMMV.

Newer software will be coming in March that should add the parking feature to FLIR. As it is now the JCU is recommended for parking and use of the camera when the MFDs are not in use.

THANKS JOHNNY!!!!!!!!!!

Just so I am clear.........the JCU wont be required for any functionality, I thought it was also needed to turn the FLIR on & off??

I have a TZT3 and a FLIR M232. They are wired on separate breakers. I discovered that when I shut off the TZT3 and then turn off the breaker (to the TZT3) the FLIR will self park. I then can turn off the FLIR breaker.

Hope that helps

Back