CA50/200-12M or 526TID-HDN

A

Anonymous

Dear Sir,
I have purchased a NN3D 12" display yet to be installed. I wish to replace my old furuno 300w sounder and 600w bronze thru hull transducer on my 32ft timber displacement boat. I was thinking of purchasing a second hand BBFF3 network sounder and one off the above mentioned transducers as they are dual frequency would be an easy instal rather than the high powered rubber single frequency transducers. Could you recommend one of them or explain the difference, I was also interested in the CA200B-82M 2kw 200khz for higher definition if that would be a better option. I fish 60 - 200ft trying to distinguish between bait and larger fish hard down on mud and sand bottom. I occasionally go out to 300 to 1300 ft also.
Appreciate any help

Snapper catcher,
If the goal is to really pin point items close to the bottom (or bottom structure) I would lean towards the transducer that has the narrowest beam. The 200Khz side of the 12M has an 8.5 degree beam vs the 200Khz side of the 526 that has a 6 degree. That means in 100ft of water your bottom foot print is 15ft vs 10ft. The bottom coverage of the 200B-8B is very close to the 526. I would lean towards the 526, narrower beam width, it has temperature and will come with a nice fairing block.

Snips

Hi Snips,
Thanks for the good advice. I see the b265lh variable frequency chip transducer. Could this be wired to the plugs that fit a BBFF3? I could update to a DFF1-UHD later on.

Snapper catcher

Snapper catcher,
Yes, you could wire a B-265 into a BBFF3. However we have not tested this combination.

Snips

Back