Bug SOG - STW

Shadow

Good day,

It has been I while I;m having this issue, actually since the boat was delivered.

Randomly on the Data panel of the BlackBox the speed change from the correct SOG to a random number of STW.
This is usually happening on one unit at the time, I have two BB and one TZTL12F on the same NMEA Network.

I attach a photo where you can see the issue.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 18.31.11 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 18.31.11 (1).jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 18.31.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 18.31.11.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 10
Are you running newest software on all MFDs? It sounds like you have a sticky paddle wheel on the boat and the STW has a higher priority programmed in for that three axis display. If the STW isn't working very well it would be better to remove it as it will most likely keep overriding your SOG on that screen and being that the STW appears to be fouled/intermittent it most likely isn't good data even when it does output.

Dear Johnny, thank you for your reply and sorry for the late follow up.

If you see the image of the instrument page, on the right of the Highway, there the STW, which is reading correctly.... it's very confusing.

v9.5 is the newest software. Depending on the item and feature; STW takes priority over SOG. If the STW source is fouled it will cause issue as it is intermittent or incorrect. I recommend taking some videos of whatever you have happening (not entirely clear to me here) and open an official support case with your Furuno distributor tech support. We have no known issue with STW or SOG at this time.

Back