Bottom lock and bottom zoom

Lady&TheScamp

I am in the process of getting my new system up and running this week. While working with the transducers, I realized the bottom lock and bottom zoom modes are only available as a split screen view. It would be great if we had an option to select these "zoom" modes as a full screen view. I want to be able to view these modes in full screen view so I can more clearly see the details while fishing.

Greetings Lady&TheScamp to the Furuno Forum. We will refer your suggestion to product development. Our zoom modes are intended to expand selected areas of a single frequency picture. The intent is for the bottom lock display to provide the compressed normal picture on the right half for context of what's being seen in the expanded view.

- Maggy

The problem is, "Invisible parts of the screen" = the part that is zoomed to the upper part of the water, I'm not talking about the visible part that scrolls from right to left in the past. It is completely excluded from the calculation by the software. We can never control the top water in bottom zoom. While in zoom, the smallest foam in deep water, it takes a long time for the transducer to come out of the water, bounces on the screen and re-finds the bottom.
As a software developer, the past is doing screen refreshes for a very short time, maybe 1 second. This causes the screen to jump because of not receiving the smallest data for a short time. If the extension of this time looks at the last 5-10 seconds and refreshes the screen according to its average, it may prevent the screen jump. Maybe it's another problem, I just need to find a solution.

Thanks for sending that along, Maggy. I understand the reason for context, but I think it would be great to have an option to solely focus on the bottom details. In that scenario, I'm not interested in the bigger picture because I am bottom fishing and only want to see what's on the bottom.

Back