Boat went on a ghost ride

DeepSouthTX

Furuno Fan
I have 2 fairly new TZT3s. On thursday me and my child went to fill the boat up. 326 gallons of fuel. 266 miles. We reset the trip as always. And even measure the distance from the fuel doc to the slip after reset. Right at 7 miles. Friday evening we went out on a short trip around the jetties for kings. Looked at my trip and it was at 138 nm...... Baffled. Either there is some type of bug or someone took the boat for a joy ride. But the electronics are pin locked and the boat is locked up as well. Thats quite a joy ride 138nm. Just wanted to share this and see if anyone else has had any issue with the trip log. Or if there is some other possibility that I am overlooking please let me know. Thanks.

My guess is that it received an erratic position about half the extra miles away and then a proper one again. I know from the TZT2 that it seems to not do any plausibility checks and thinks it's OK to travel 100 miles in one second. I use this 'feature' to set the odometer to where I want it. Usually it can only be reset to zero.

Back