boat position icon anomaly

Akisland

I have had this happen a couple random times.

Originating from the boat icon that has a red color a red circle pulses out away from the icon. I’m pretty sure this has happened at different speeds. There is no drop in how the unit is functioning. Radar is not on. I just found it odd and wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else and if there is a guess as to why it happens.

The red circle that you see fade away is the ring which the vessel can stay positioned anywhere inside of and stay put on the screen. If you pan the chart so that the vessel icon exits the red ring, the vessel will leave the screen unless you press the center vessel button.
If you are zoomed way in close you might see the center vessel button or the ring come and go.

I can’t post a video but I took screen shots from video. I’m cruising about 22 knots and out to 2000 ft zoom. I didn’t know how well these two pics show what I’m trying to say. Anyway the red circle randomly show up while cruising sometimes a closer circle like shown and sometime a circle that’s twice as big. Again nothing seems to be wrong and no problems with functionality. Any idea why this is happening? It’s a split screen plotter/ sounder.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 137
OH! Thanks for the picture. That one is considered pink or "magenta".
That is the fuel range ring. If you have tank level senders and flow rate data, it will accurately show how far before you run out of fuel. If you do not have these connected or do not wish to see it, you can turn it off.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 081224.png

Ok thanks. I have that setting enabled but not hooked up to a fuel tank sensor. It very much randomly appears. I’ll try turning that setting off and see if that fixes it. Thanks again for your comment

Back