BBWX4

Abbygirl

I have a subscription to Sirius Marine Coastal weather and cruise in Canadian waters. I can get US zone forecasts, but not Canadian zone forecasts. Should they load? I have have only waited about 3 hours, does it take longer?
Thanks for your help,

The downlink is the downlink if you are picking up data. The maximum time to get all data provided in the downlink is 72 mins. I would guess it relates to your MFD software version or something with the data coming down. Are you running v6.03 software on your TZT?

I am not at the boat, but I had a tech install the latest software last week. I just got a message back from Sirius saying Furuno needs to update their software to make it work, it is expected in January. Makes me wonder anyone is selling the subscription now?
Thanks for your time, I look forward to some solution.

Abbygirl it appears something is changed in the Sirius data stream because I have tested here using TZT2 (v8) and I also get no Canadian Marine Zone data. Whatever the problem it isn't related to only the TZT. I will contact our parent company to see what they can tell us. I am normally looped in on any expected changes and software. I don't think the person you spoke with really looked into the reported issue. If you have any info on the person you spoke with; please PM me. Between our parent company and Sirius/XM, I will get you a straight answer ASAP.

As I thought, you were given incorrect information. I have confirmed there is no planned software for TZT in January. I am sorry Sirius support didn't take your concern more seriously. Furuno was unaware that this issue developed. Furuno will begin testing the downstream to find what has caused this hiccup, and then work with Sirius on getting them to address it. I am very sorry they gave you the runaround.

Thank you for your continued effort. I got my “waiting for a software update from Furuno”information from Ricky Lima at Sirius.
Ricky.Lima@siriusxm.ca. The box that the the BBWX4 came in says it works with TZT, says it works in Canada. I am running v6.03. I paid a pro to install the equipment.
What should I do?
Mike

Hi Mike

I wouldn't do anything initially, it was working before I am sure they will get down to the problem and fix it. Yours is working otherwise with your TZT, correct? This is just one part of their subscription service. I am sure like your home cable if down for a few days or week they will normally credit you some service time or give you a free month. While I think they were misinformed when you talked to them initially, I am sure it will get fixed and they will take care of you. I have had good experiences with them. If this is the largest problem with boat ownership, I would say you are doing quite well.

Looks like they fixed it. Canadian Marine zone forecasts are now working on our units here. We haven't had any reports of problems over the last year, until yours, so thanks for reporting it. Hopefully it stays working.

Hello there, we are back on the boat here on the south west coast of Canada. The BBX4 Sirius weather doesn’t seem to be providing any forecasts for Canada. Does anyone know what is going on?
Thanks!

Have you called SiriusXM and had them ping your box? subscription up to date? What's the LED lights doing on the BBWX4? See activity lights on the switch/hub?

Let us know... :sail

- Maggy

We are no longer at the boat, so I can not run any tests, however all the USA forecasts come up quite quickly. I get some current weather conditions for canadas west coast, but no forecasts. I did very little investigating this time because last time this happened it was an issue on Furuno’s end of and I assume it is again. I had this installed in November of 2021 by a Furuno qualified installer and it did not work until February. Now it is not working again. Please read earlier posts. I would really like to use this weather feature. So disappointed, hopefully it can be resolved. Thanks for any help you can provide. Cheers.

It appears last time it was a service issue on SiriusXM's side of things, as the Furuno box has always worked from what I read. Perhaps this is similar case and by the next time you board the vessel, it'll be resolved. That said, if not you're more than welcome to give Light Marine Technical Support a call and we can troubleshoot the system with you next time you're onboard.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Hi there, we are back on the boat. The USA forecasts load properly. The west coast Canadian ones do not. As posted earlier in this thread Johnny Electron got it fixed by someone on Nov 17 or 19. I get no help from Sirius, I have a well documented history of conversations with them. Please attempt from your side, as Johnny did in November. Thanks in advance.
Mike Ritchie.

Checking the TZT1 this morning (with v6.03) software and newest marine zones; Canada both East Coast and West coast data is showing. Please ensure you are running the newest software and marine zones (both posted under the product page at www.FurunoUSA.com). It could be you call them and they kicked it into gear again. It is working this morning on my unit.

Back