B45 with ETR-6/10N - possible?

Svsolaris

Hi all,

I have a 1732c plotter that while old serves well for now. It is connected to a ETR-6/10N network sounder box. I recently got an Airmar B45 (525T-BSD), but the box does not recognise it. Is the B45 not compatible with it? If so does anyone know what the entry level bronze thru-hull sensor is for it? My hull is wooden.

Thanks!

Svsolaris,
Yes the B-45 is a compatible transducer, however the BBFF1 (ETR-6) doesn't not auto detect the type of transducer that is connected to it. There is an internal jumper for either 600 or 1000 watt transducers. So the question is, does your 1723C know that the ETR-6 is connected to it?

Snips

Hi, Snips, thank you for responding. I checked, the ETR-6 jumper is correctly set to 600W. The 1732C has the sounder mode grayed out (not selectable) i.e. it does not think it's connected. Do you know how I can get it to recognise the connection?

Svsolaris,
My first thought is the network cable you are using.
If you have the ETR-6 connected directly to the 1723C you need to use a 000-144-422 cable.
If you are using a HUB, the network cable is a 000-144-601.

Snips

I'll check reference number on the network cable but I'm pretty sure it's the correct one.

What worries me is I have discovered that in the Furuno compatibility matrix, The B45 is listed on page 8 as not compatible with the ETR6:

https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... matrix.pdf

On the other hand there are a couple of internet pages that seem to talk about having a B45 and ETR6.

Would you have access to an authoritative source on the matter?

The 525T-BSD was sold for MANY years with the BBFF1 (ETR-6/10N). It is an error on the matrix you found.

Back