B275LHW Preset Frequencies

Bayhouse

Furuno Super Fan
Would anyone be willing to share (or suggest) what preset frequencies I should setup with this xducer using the TZT3 sounder?

Most of my fishing is canyon or inshore trolling with some tile fishing (600-800') of water and some bottom/wreck fishing in < 120' of water.

Also, does anybody have a good primer on CW (Fixed Frequency) vs. FM (Manual Chirp) - when and why to use one or the the other?

CW can reach deeper than CHIRP.
Have you tried the auto CHIRP to see if you like it?
A lot of this information is anecdotal and nobody wants to put it in writing. haha

Bayhouse":e1otnnao said:
Would anyone be willing to share (or suggest) what preset frequencies I should setup with this xducer using the TZT3 sounder?

Most of my fishing is canyon or inshore trolling with some tile fishing (600-800') of water and some bottom/wreck fishing in < 120' of water.

Also, does anybody have a good primer on CW (Fixed Frequency) vs. FM (Manual Chirp) - when and why to use one or the the other?

I do a lot of the same type of fishing although I have a B175H and B175L. The HF side of the B175H is a little different than your B275LHW due to the narrower beam.

I have a preset for the HF that is a manual CHIRP band of 130Hz to 180Hz that I have found from trial and error does a pretty good job showing tuna and bait balls. The full range auto CHIRP actually works quite well too. I also have a DFF-3D, which seems especially good at showing bait.

For bottom fishing, I use a CW preset of 210Hz in water less than 150 feet and auto CHIRP deeper than that. I can mark tilefish at 500 feet with my B175H although I am also running the B175L in auto CHIRP side by side because it has a wider beam. I don't think the HW will work too well that deep but I don't have experience.

Just some thoughts. Really the best thing to do is just fool around for a while and see what is working best for you.

I do some similar fishing to you and have the same transducer. In the shallower wreck fishing i just run the auto chirp high and have played with the custom frequencies but to be honest the difference to me at those high frequencies in negligible. On the tilefish here is a tip. Actually any time your fishing. Not sure why and these could be software bugs but. I know now to get to the spot, then first set my range. For tiles in 900 feet for instance always adjust your range before setting the manual gain. If you set the gain before setting range it will not function properly. So if you change the range re adjust your gain. So in 900 feet I like to set me range manual and then to the bottom 50 to 100ft. Then adjust the low frequency gain to 90. Maybe less or more but thats a good start. We are fishing mud bottom for golden tilefish in the gulf. The customs do make a difference in what you see. But again in the above fishing situation even the auto low frequency range works fine. I go back and fourth between fixed frequency and chirp and either way I see what I need to. Here are some screenshots. One in fixed and then the chirp -which reads 53 if I remember correctly.

b5ab80cb-391c-4e37-a4dd-f051dc87543c.jpg

View attachment 1

Attachments

• 945a2479-887f-46f1-bc1e-8eda4db086ba.jpg
    945a2479-887f-46f1-bc1e-8eda4db086ba.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 173
Thank you both Quitsa and DeepSouthTX, appreciate the guidance and I'll try your recommendations if I ever get out fishing again. This season has been horrible for Tuna and I can't justify the long run to just come home empty handed. Hopefully, the recent storms mixed things up a bit.

Back