B175HW settings

Cpony

Trying to dial in my B175HW to my new TZT12F Been playing with settings but think I'm missing something. My P79 shoot thru picks up my downrigger ball but the B175HW doesn't. Anyone have pointers to what settings I should play with?
I've attached a screen shot.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 14
  • sonar3.jpg
    sonar3.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Cpony,

Looking at the pictures that you have provided, there several difference between both transducers, the P79 and the B175HW. Keep in mind that the P79 is using a fixed frequency (Constant Wave) of 50 kHz and that has a beam width of 45° degrees, so it a much wider beam width.

The B175HW is a CHIRP transducer, that is using a sweeping frequency between 150-250 kHz, and it has a constant beam width of 25° degrees. So, you might try using the B175HW at a lower fixed frequency at 150 kHz and then see if you can spot your downriggers when fishing..?

- Deep Blue :unsure:

Thanks for that info. I had to go in and under pre set Frequencies change it to manual chirp before I could set the frequency to 150.

It doesn't show the ball going down but does show it once it stops under the boat. Thought it would pick it up a few down when it hit the beam area. Guess I'll play around a bit more with the settings.

Cpony,

I would change the various frequencies from 150-250kHz and see what provides you with the best presentation on that downrigger ball. Selecting a higher frequency may just pick it up... :unsure:

- Deep Blue

Back