Autopilot Navpilot -711c with RRU FAP-6112-200 will this work with my boat of dual Suzuki S250 engine

baboibm

I just bought a Navpilot -711C and i have a dual Suzuki S250 engine can i install the unit with a rudder reference unit FAP-6112-200 .
The steering unit is Yamaha Helm MasterTM system .

Last edited:
If it is a HELM Master and not an Helm master EX system, then yes you could drive the steering system with the NAVpilot 300 or 700. The 300 would offer the best value as you wouldn't need to purchase many of the extra interfacing items that the NP711C would require. It is really odd to see a Helm master steering with Suzuki engines. I guess you retrofitted from Yamaha engines? Keep in mind because the steering system is drive by wire to Yamaha steering system, you will NOT get the Suzuki fish hunter drive features. @FishTech might want to check my thoughts.

Thanks for your prompt response. I have much details now, so i will like to know what is my best option for the installation attached are pictures of the steering systems and the engine setup and like i said earlier i have the rudder reference unit FAP-6112-200 do i need to still buy a hydraulic outboard pump . I also have the Furuno fluxgate heading PG -700 ready to install. i just discovered that the steering system is SEASTAR PRO HELM HH5770-3 . What is my best wat forward or this installation.

Attachments

• HELM1.jpg
    HELM1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 8
  • HELM2.jpg
    HELM2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 8
  • SUZUKI2.jpg
    SUZUKI2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 8
  • HELM3.jpg
    HELM3.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 8
  • SUZUKI1.jpg
    SUZUKI1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 9
Not really possible for you to have a seastar helm pump and a Yamaha helm master system. Please explain where helm master is a part of the system? The FAP6112 is in INBOARD rudder refrence (RRU). That can NOT be used or an OUTBOARD installation.

The Yamaha helm master was a mistake, it was installed on another boat, so with the outboard Suzuki engine what will be my option with the installation of the Navpilot -711C autopilot on my boat .

You really need to have the steering cylinder on the port engine either plumbed into the hydraulic system or removed from the motor. Allowing it to move around dry is going to cause the steering to start binding soon. They look like different cylinders so you must ensure that the displacement and stroke is the same on both or there would be problems from that as well.
I would check with Dometic/Seastar to see if your single cylinder can handle both engines. If they are not counter-rotating, you are getting close to the horsepower limitation of that single cylinder.
When you decide if you will be using one steering cylinder or two, then we will need to know the cylinder displacement to select a pump for your application. If you do not know the displacement, you can post a picture of the cylinder part number(s).

Good Morning, Guys i am very grateful for your prompt response. We are going to used one steering cylinder and i am attaching a picture of the cylinder part number . We need to know the pump to install for the Autopilot.

Attachments

• cylinder 1.jpg
    cylinder 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 3
  • cylinder 2.jpg
    cylinder 2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 3
Back