Auto Pilot 700 Issue

Beachman

On this new to me Boat, when i did the sea trail in Fl, we could not get the auto Pilot to work. He said it was working just a week ago. (kinda of believe him). He though we did not have power at the pump. Now back in Va, When i check for power at the pump, i have nothing. Or will i not have anything unless the boat is actually running and given a auto Pilot command? New to auto pilots and Furuno. Where to start.
TZT12-Dff3-7011 control,only 1 MDF Thanks.

A reversible pump should get its power direct from the pilot unless it is solenoid driven. Normally we recommend engines running whenever setting up or testing a pilot because some systems will have power steering pumps and other items that need to be running. If I am troubleshooting a pump; I will idle the engines and then go into the pilot install menu and run the BLEEDING mode to drive the pump back and forth with the dodge buttons. Try that and see if it moves.

finally made it out for my 1st shakedown but forgot these notes about trying Bleeding mode. Wanted to updated my progress. When I tried auto pilot on MFD it would create a route but the motors would not turn.(seem like they wanted to) Also got a No NAV data wait 1 seconds alarm. The fish it draft it mode worked great. On the 711C i hit the auto turn and that worked. anything you can add so i ready next time out. Thanks

Running in AUTO mode is a good first start. If the pump steers the boat in auto, the pump is working and the pilot is working. Whenever you add the complexities of a chart plotter, you would need to ensure the NavData information is wired up properly and the proper sentences turned on. In the pilot you setup the "sources" so that it will accept the data. How is your plotter wired? NMEA 2000 or 0183?

I think 2000. The AP cover is off from update i did and i have wires going to Can bus plugs and not the port 1 or 2 NMEA 0183. When i go to set up Nav Data source i have options for Port 1 and the MDF. currently they are on Port 1 and port 2 as Source 2.

Think I am getting somewhere. Read up on it in 2.13.1 Seems that all of those are off now. Another can of worms. I will report back after this weekend. Currently no error massages.

Results from test: 1st try Auto pilot worked great when I selected a point on the MFD. (Point/goto/use autopilot.) then I tried fish it/ drift it worked fine. Tried auto pilot again and got "speed data is necessary" Also " Fuel capacity alarm for active route", which could be unrelated. I am looking into the C10 gauge and why it is not keeping up with fuel capacity levels. Is there something to fix this "Speed Data Is necessary" or do you think it is related to fuel gauge C10?

On my Data Source COG/SOG says FI-70----Sensor list it is showing GP-330B connected. On my Data Acquisition the GP330B WAAS Mode is On and Highlighted. WS200 is On but not highlighted. NMEA 0183 Output has the following on AAM, BOD, GGA, RTE,VTG,XTE,ZDA. Under NMEA 2000 i have some of the same Named items turn on there.
Could that be the issue? More info than you asked for, just trying to help.

In the pilot setup you should setup your SOG speed source for the GP330B on line one and then put dashed lines (no selection) for lines 2 and 3. That should get the pilot to use the GP330B to get correct speed.

You shouldn't be getting a "speed data is necessary" notice then. The GP330B if connected and working should be providing speed. Can you see SOG in a data box? Is the GP330B on the same NMEA 2000 bus as the pilot?

Back