Another TZTouch2 N2K issue

A

Anonymous

I've encountered another TZTouch2 N2K issue. Every 2 seconds it sends out a broadcast request asking all devices to send it the Humidity PGN 130313. An ISO Request like this take priority so all devices on the network need to stop what they are doing respond either by sending the requests PGN or sending a NACK.

What's perhaps even more interesting is that the NavPilot 700 does exactly the same thing. I have reported it, but heard nothing back.

First, why the heck are these devices asking everyone to send them the Humity PGN? It just makes no sense.

Second, it can be very disruptive on the network. If you have 30 devices on the network, and every one is compelled to reply to this request every 2 seconds, it's generating more traffic than a fast heading sensor, fast position update, rudder position, or pretty much every other device except perhaps AIS. It really starts to become a problem.

I hope the engineers are working on fixing this too.

This is something we can look into. No one has reported this that I am aware of. If you take the time to PM me the name of the person you have been talking to I can look into that too. I caution anyone to take this thread as fact until more is known. It very well might be related to something unique that system install. I am disappointed that you didn't get hear anything back. If it was a direct Furuno person, I apologize. We are also very near releasing the next version of software which includes Active Captain and many new exciting features. Twistedtree you have been on the forum long enough to know we do everything we can look into getting you an answer, even if it isn't what you want to hear.

The incident is "Canbus problem on Navpilot 700 [Incident: 150323-000008]", reported 3/23/2015. It's just about a year old. And I see that on 7/20 I sent detailed N2K traces with line by line annotation of the issues I was seeing.

Back