android

rcole4

Why has Furuno ignored the Android operating system regarding the mirror control app with 1871f/1971f ? Certainly there are at least as many Android system users as there are Apple. I myself use Android, have Android tablets and phone and am not familiar with Apple system and would rather not complicate an already complex system with another unfamiliar system. I hope they read this.

Android,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Furuno released version 3 software for the GP1871F/1971F in March of 2020. The software and installation procedures can be found under the product/support page of the GP1871F on the FurunoUSA website.
Included in this software release was the ability to mirror the unit on both the iOS and the Android platform.
The app can be downloaded through the Google Play Store, and is titled "Mirror Control"
Here is a link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mirrorControl.impl&hl=en_US

to link your Android device to the GP1871/1971F follow the directions in the document below;
View attachment overview_of_changes_made_to_gp1871f_gp1971f_with_v3_software.pdf

I have updated my 1871F and it now works with Mirror Control and older versions of Android, however Mirror Control does NOT work with the newer version(s) of Android, specifically Version 10 (which I have) and presumably Version 11, which I have not tested. Mirror Control refuses to recognize the 1871F. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" tablet just to use with the 1871F and Mirror Control but it wont work. Hopefully it will get fixed at some point. I can still use my Android smart phone and another, smaller tablet with an older version of Android on it, they do work properly, just wish the 10" tablet worked as well, so much easier to see when up on the flybridge, which will be my main use of the tablet. Much better than having a 2nd set of instruments on the flybridge, subject to weather, etc.

Yes, mine works also. A really great function, at least in my case, not having to have separate instruments on fly bridge, just bring tablet up when I need it.

Back