advice purchasing the right equipment and mounting my radar equipment

SiamJimi

Hello FF members, I am hoping for advice purchasing the right equipment and mounting my radar equipment

This is my current kit,
  • FURUNO NAVNET 3D DRS4D
  • TZTouch3 MFD TZTL12F

Can anyone steer me towards a website link for cross checking compatibility of different make model equipment to make sure the equipment accessories match up with the Furuno equipment I have ?

I know the dynamics of how I will be using my 40ft power boat has everything to do with what equipment I should have, I will be running the boat in international waters in overseas locations (currently registered through USCG – not by state registration), running shallows and deep-water, running long distances night or day, fishing, diving, navigating islands and inlets (i.e., depth transducer),

I am truly a novice with this equipment, however, I have been around the marine boating industry enough to know there are necessary components and from what I have been looking at there is so much information to take in and I certainly do not want to leave out the necessary equipment or make any purchasing mistakes for equipment that is not compatible.

Currently I am building a new radar platform to mount on top of my existing radar arch to accommodate this equipment (what I know I am wanting now, and need to know if more gear is needed to build this platform correctly)
  • Furuno NAVNET 3D DRS4D / TZTouch3 MFD MFD – TZTL12F (I already have this)
  • Globe Wireless I250 Inmarsat (I need to know if this model is a good purchase and compatible with the Furuno equipment I have, etc.)
  • Furuno NX-7H Navtex Antenna (I found this used, does the Inmarsat remove the need for a GPS antenna ?)
  • TracPhone Marine VSAT System (I am looking to buy this)
  • FLIR camera (I am looking to buy this)

Besides, there is more equipment I should probably be looking at and I simply have nothing to reference in order to make the Furuno equipment I have work to its fullest potential.
  • Depth transducers, (ones that provide good details) thinking a dual side-scan through hull set-up would be spending my money in the right direction, please comment if I am wrong)

I am feeling like I need consultation with a SME for what equipment is a must have and what equipment are great additions to the full functionality of Furuno kit I recently purchased. And what piece of equipment may remove the need for another piece like GPS antennae's etc.. (?)

Any help with my request would be greatly appreciated

Back