Advice please - Electronics for new boat build

houseofpayne

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. I am upgrading my bay boat with a deep v center console and havent settled on Contender 28T or the new Bluewater 25T. My experience is strictly SIMRAD but after watching the comparison video series I am leaning towards Furuno.

90% of my fishing is between 45ft to 200ft depth. Primarily target grouper, hogfish and snapper and extending my range every year as I become more confident.

So my SIMRAD setup was going to to be:
MFD - (2) NSS 12" 0r 16"
Radar - Halo20+
Simrad 3D Transducer Transom Mount w/ 3in1 capabilities for fishing
Simrad Thru Hull B150M while running
Simrad SXM Weather
Sionyx Nightwave for night camera

Can someone help me build out the Foruno equivalent and open to upgrade suggestions..

Every manufacturer will have slight differences and advantages depending on the system. Here is a close stab at building a similar system.

2 Ea - TZT3 12" or 16" (includes 256GB chip with USA NOAA Vector, Raster, east/west coast fishing charts and Army corp engineers river charts licence free, with others available for purchase by unlock code, yet pre-loaded.)

DRS2DNXT (19") or DRS4DNXT (24") radar and appropriately sized cable.

Thru Hull B150M connected to internal sounder of one of the two displays.

BBWX4 Sirius weather receiver (comes with antenna)

IRIS S460 stainless wide view camera with automatic IR

Furuno doesn't have a three and one transducer. For the second display you could go with a diffrent type of transducer like the 225T-SS904 for side scan or use a 600/1kw transducer or even add the Deep impact box to go to 2 or 3kw or top that with a BT-5 and go as high as 10 kw transducer. If it was me, I would go with a diffrent transducer and then use side-scan transducer on the second display sounder. While the B150M is okay it is only 300 watts and for a NavNet system there are much better choices of transducers with more power and still good prices. What about the remaining 10% of the time; what is the max depth you go?

Back