Accu fish and bottom discrimination

Dmc57

I finally got out and was able to try out my new TZT 3. I tried accu fish and bottom discrimination, with rezboost turned on. And also bottom lock and various combinations of all. Everything seemed to work fine.

I read on another forum that maybe I shouldn’t use accu fish and bottom discrimination at the same time. Is this true?

Also I read that I can set up my track to mimic the bottom discrimination. How do I do that, my quick look didn’t find the option.F1A280E6-05EE-425B-BF54-AE60F17BC8C3.jpeg

I know of no restriction of running BD and AF at the same time.

Your track configuration can be found under HOME - SETTINGS - SHIP & TRACK, set the track to variable color, then set variable color to Bottom Discrimination. More details found under the track topic area in the users manual.

I defer to DeepBlue because acoustics is what he does but I have never saw issues running both. The main point he makes is both freq are required even if looking at only one. This is important to know because the extra delay in ringing both and possible interference with other sounders or multi-beam that might be running. If you wish to run and ring only one freq you must have those items OFF and run single freq. Also running those advanced features requires the sounder to be in control of many settings so if you truly want to run MANUAL they must also be OFF.

mattology,

Just to be clear, you can use ACCU-FISH and Bottom Discrimination Mode at the same time if you want to. However, I don't recommend it and here is the reason why. :noway

Keep in mind that ACCU-FISH mode is using different transmit lengths from both the Low and High Frequencies to determine fish sizing, and the Bottom Discrimination mode is using completely different set of transmit lengths to determine the make-up of the seabed and categorize it into four different categories of: Rocks, Gravel, Sand, or Mud.

There is a chance, (and this can depend on depth) that the ACCU-FISH might not be as accurate if the Bottom Discrimination mode is active.

Just something to be aware of...

- Deep Blue ;)

Back