Accessing Charts

Higgs

Hi:

Just bought a center console with a NavNet TZ2 with dual displays. I am a first-time boat owner and the captain I hired to help me get used to the boat said that I need better Navionics Vector Charts on the plotter. I open the catalog and see a lot of unlocked charts, but it is unclear to me how you can select one over the other. I fact I can't seem to get access to any of the charts that are listed with a check mark (indicating they are unlocked and ready for use). One clue might be that neither of the two displays has the NAVnet TZT-CHT-SD2 cards inserted (the cards are in plastic case holders with the manuals). Are these cards needed to access the charts? I may need to purchase Navionics vector chart for the East Coast, but I would at least like to get access to the various charts that are supposedly in my "catalogue". There is really only one chart that is available when I go into the Layers for the screen, so I am not sure where and how to get access to other charts.

Thanks

Hi,

Every new TZT2 unit that comes from us will come with a chart card installed. If you swipe up on the plotter screen and look at you layers menu and all you see is “auto”, tells me there is not a chart card in your unit. If the chart card is missing, that is no problem. You can either purchase a brand new one where it is preloaded or you can purchase your own micro SD card and download the free charts on our website for your area and the chart you plan to purchase also.

To Purchase charts, you will grab the system ID off of the chart master and go to an Authorized Furuno Dealer and tell them the area and chart you would like to unlock.
The last few steps will depend if you have a chart card already installed or not and how old your unit is.

Thank you for your response. So the two 15" TZT2 units I have each have a micro sd card inserted in the back. I purchased the boat about 250 miles from where the boat currently resides. I am guessing that the prior owner had charts, but they were for an area beyond the range of where the boat currently resides. So if I understand you correctly, I can go to a Furuno dealer (with my system ID) and buy a Navionics Vector Chart for my geographic location, have that loaded on a new micro SD and put it in the back of the TZT2 unit. Do I need a micro SD card with a chart loaded on it for each of the two units, or will one suffice (and if one will work, which one?). Alternatively, I could unlock a chart that is already pre-loaded through a Furuno dealer, but since my unit is over five years old, those charts are probably out of date -- right? Again, thanks for your help.

Each unit will need a chart card (micro sd card). The chart master will share the unlock code with the other unit, so you will only need to purchase one unlock code.

Yeah, if the unit is about 5 years old, most likely the charts are outdated. So when you purchase unlock codes, within one or two business days you should receive an email with download link and the unlock codes. Just download them, extract the files and put them onto the chart card. Anything with a zero dollar value on our website does not need an unlock code. Just needs to be downloaded and put onto the chart card also.

https://www.furunousa.com/en/products/gps_and_chart_plotters
After you click on the link, look where it says charts for NN3D and TZTouch in the top right. Play with the filters to find your area to get the part number for your paid for chart and free charts to download.

Do you know what version of software you are running on the TZT2?

Back