711c Software Update Question (another)

ralph162

So I updated my TZT2's, and I updated my FAP 7002 Processor and my 711C contoller.

The update procedure on both seemed to go through without any issues. But when I checked my 711C's system information, It looks like the FAP7002 Processor update (1.27) was applied, but I am not sure that the 711C update (1.08?) was applied. I ran the update twice, just to be sure.

Please have a look at the attached image.

When you turn on the 711C look at the screen as it boots up and you will see the processor and controller versions as pictured here.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,849
Looks like I am seeing 1.05 for the controller. I completed the update without errors. Said "controller 3" updated successfully. Also, the video Furuno posted is out dated. Seems to have en extra step to update the boot.

Did you check the versions when you turned it on? The original photo you provided is 1.05 boot for the processor. You need to check it when you power up or go just below the processor selection where you accessed that info and select the control head.

If that is not the case...

Do you have only one control head? If so make sure you are in the A slot for the control head connection on the processor board. Make sure the jumper beside it is in the A position as well.

Do you have the terminating resistor in the open port beside the cable on the 711C control head? If not that can cause some problems.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,845
That makes perfect sense, thanks!

I am probably fine, but will check the information at startup, as you suggest. I believe I used ports A during the install, and I am definitely terminated, but I will confirm.

Not to steal the thread but I have a similar issue on a 711. I have 1.27 on the processor but cant get past 1.14 on the controller. It still works just a few random beeps every now and then as the versions clash.

I have tried what you have said with the ports. Any other tips you can offer?

thanks Luke

Worked perfectly even though I already had the correct file. I am happy either way!

Thanks again Fishtech and the knowledge base on the forum:)

Back