711c does not show position data

lpokeefe

I am using a Navpilot 711c connected to a PG700 for heading and also connected to a the N2k (CAN) bus for other nav data, including position.

When I look at any of the displays (e.g., STBY, AUTO, NAV) on the device, the posn data are blank. When I look at the "sensor in use" menu for that mode, POSN shows blank - a dashed line.

However, when I go into the installation menu to look at the CAN bus setup, I am receiving the proper PGNs and when I look at the Sensor selection menu, I do have the correct device selected as the position sensor. A CAN bus test returns OK.

How can I get the posn data source to show up on the sensor in use?

Thank you,

Larry O'Keefe
Nordhavn 5012 Miss Miranda
La Paz, MX

Which PGN's are you receiving? What device are you using for position data? Is auto detect turned on for data source setup?

Lots of PGNs, including the ones relevant for position - 129025, 129029

Auto detect is not turned on for data source setup. Instead, the appropriate devices are selected in the Sensor selection menu. The specific source is a Rose Point NEMO multiplexer that is putting out the above PGNS on the N2K/CAN bus. The 711c recognizes the source and it is the primary source in the sensor selection menu, but is not visible in the "Sensor used" menu under, say the "auto" or "stby" mode.

Thanks for the follow up. Support is very good and Ron has been knocking it out of the park for a long time. :jump

Back