6 years Updates at once Furuno TZTL-12F

Alman

I got my Furuno TZTL-12F 12.1in MFD Chart Plotter/Fish Finder in September 2015 with Airmar TM260-10F 1kW 50/200 kHz Transom Mount Transducer and I have not done any updates since.

I would like to know if there is one file I can download that will contain all upates and if not, how to go about updating one after another and which update files

Thanks
Alman

The software instructions and links to the downloads to DIY is listed on the support page of the product: https://furunousa.com/en/support/TZTL12F#Software.

If you want, a more convenient option is available to purchase the update package (pre-formatted SD Card and USB Drive) from your local authorized Furuno dealer (See TZ2-SOF-SD1). :cool

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Thank you @Maggy, very kind of you.
With the update being just one jumpt to the Version 8 Software (other than reset to the internal sounder and Master Reset to the MFD), that makes it very easy and I see no reason for the SD from a dealer. I was afraid that I had to do increamental updates to reach version 8 since I have done no updates for 6 years.

Only one more question; do I need to have the transducer and Radar connected and running when I do the reset and update?

Thanks again

Alman":24g9j3rj said:
Only one more question; do I need to have the transducer and Radar connected and running when I do the reset and update?

Thanks again

If you run into issues updating, feel free to give Furuno technical support a call. Otherwise, our advice is to follow the instructions as written.
- Update one plotter at a time if you have more than one.
- Don't forget to export your user objects & settings first to a USB Drive (as a precaution).
- Reset the sounder to default settings, and perform the master reset once updated.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back