556TID-LTD/0 Does it Exist? Or SS175L - 0 degree my only deep option?

Looking for this transducer. I like that it is narrower beam than the b164, as I am trying to push the limits of picking up the bottom for a 1kw transducer. I see that the 12 and 20 degree tilts are readily available, but I have the perfect flat pad on the boat for a 0 degree model.

Also looking into the SS175L Chirp transducer, which seems more available in a 0 degree tilt, but then I would need a separate transducer for shallower stuff. I do like the lower frequency, and I am curious if I could drive it at a specific frequency, say 40-42 hz say with an fcv-295 or similar instead of using it in chirp mode?

I'm guessing that the 556TID-LTD and SS175L would have similar max depth capabilities? The 175 has a little lower frequency capability, but the 556 has a little narrower beam...

paradisecoverseafood,

If plan on using a FCV295, then I would consider using both the SS175L for the Low Frequency side and the SS175H for the High Frequency side.

You can use both these CHIRP transducers with a fixed frequency from the FCV295. In fact, a lot of commercial fishing vessels do utilize CHIRP transducers with a fixed frequency from FCV295s/FCV1150s, and change the various fixed frequencies to target specific fisheries.

The beam width of the SS175L at 40kHz would be around 32° degrees, and at 60kHz it's around 21° degrees.

- Deep Blue

Thank you Deep Blue.

Do you think there's much argument in the SS175L at 40hz and 32 degrees not being any better at depth than the 556 at 50hz and 20 deg? The Cone angle at 40hz sounds kind of wide to me at 32 degrees?

paradisecoveseafood,

The lower the transducer's frequency, the deeper the range. You could use the SS175L at 50kHz with the FCV295, and that would give you a beam width of about 27.5 kHz. I'd still go with the SS175L, as the wider beam width will provide you with more coverage than that of the 556TID-LTD, and it will have the "0" degree tilt that you are looking for.

- Deep Blue

Back