300 pump recommendation

saltyxcape

Looking to upgrade to a Navpilot 300 and need recommendations:

I believe the steering cylinder is a SeaStar HC5343 with a vol of 8.3cuin. The part number is not visible on the cylinder, but the shaft, stroke, and bolt dimensions line up. Also lock to lock test verifies cylinder volume. I see there are two pumps on your website, Accu-Steer and Octopus. I think I need a 1.0 pump. As far as the pumps are concerned is one better than the other, quieter? Warranty's look to be the same. The Accu-Steer seems to be easier to rebuild, but twice the weight. The Octopus states 4000hr life for the brushes.

Also need some clarification on power assist and Safehelm2. Will the pump assist while in standby with Safehelm2 while steering?

Thanks in advance.

saltyxcape":1yfgue3f said:
Looking to upgrade to a Navpilot 300 and need recommendations:

I believe the steering cylinder is a SeaStar HC5343 with a vol of 8.3cuin.

For 8.3cu in. the Octopus 6-12 or Octopus 10-12 should be sufficient for those steering rams. Between the two, the larger one would be recommended.

PUMPOCT06-12: https://furunousa.com/en/products/pumpoct06-12
PUMPOCT10-12: https://furunousa.com/en/products/pumpoct10-12

saltyxcape":1yfgue3f said:
Also need some clarification on power assist and Safehelm2. Will the pump assist while in standby with Safehelm2 while steering?

Thanks in advance.

This feature works just like the FPS8 module did on the Accu-Steer pumps, it is enabled in the Navpilot 300 menu under the "Power Assist Mode" (ref. 2.10 Opt. Manual). The mode is available during the SAFE HELM mode and the STBY mode. It's indicated with a "PA" symbol on the control head for power assist. You can even set the PA power range from strong assist to soft assist.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Hello Dear,
What is your pump recommendation for this device?

NAUTECH 3.1/M-90 package kit includes:

- 1 x UP25 F Front mount helm pump, displacement 25 cm3, max pressure 70 bar
- 1 x UC128-OBF/1 Front mount outboard cylinder, volume 128 cm3, stroke 185 mm
- 2 x 9 m KIT OB/M-90 Ø 5/16” Inner-hose
- 2 st. 5/16” ID hose fittings
- 2 l. Hydraulic oil
Thanx for help.

Back