1971 change to Suzuki interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexc

Hello all!
Looked at the first couple of pages but didn't found what I was looking for that's why the new topic!!

I have a 2020 Suzuki and the 1971, I do have all cables needed to make my 1971 look like the Suzuki mfd but I do missing something because with everything connected properly I can't see the engine symbol that will load the Suzuki interface, I do get the simple engine data on the data screens but not the Suzuki. On the c10 gauge I can see it is connected with the 1971 and sending the data... Suzuki marine in Greece told me as long as you have proper connection to the cables and data is transfered to 1971 they can't help me out further... Has anyone managed to make it work?

The Suzuki gauge screen is just that for Suzuki and their products. Suzuki has a GP1971F type unit (SMD9) that provide a Suzuki screen you are asking about but you do not get that with the GP1971F. You can configure normal engine screens and see information but the proprietary Suzuki screens require you buy their product.

Unfortunately what Suzuki told me when I bought the engine is that I just need the engine harness and the gateway cable (500 euros total ) which I bought and now Suzuki tells me that as long as 1971 reads the engine it's furuno's responsibility to figure out what is wrong, I am awaiting feedback from furuno Hellas, the guy was very helpful and told me he will send an email to JP and USA for what we need... From my understanding I think it will be a different firmware that Suzuki uses most probably as they are exactly the same machines...

Yes, that is best worked out with your local distributor. You are outside our sales and service area and not for us to get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back