1932 mark II and fmd 811

SlipperyShrimp1

I recently purchased a boat with a 1932 mark II
Radar unit. The display unit is rdp-118. I want too add a remote display in the flybridge, so I purchased the remote display unit fmd-811

I cannot figure out the wiring: on the main unit (rdp-118), it has a hdg port, nmea1 and nmea 2, and lastly the Dj-1 port which the array is hooked up to. The fmd 811 has an hdg, nmea and Dj-1 port. Both displays also have their power cords. What cable do I need to run from the main display (rdp118) to get the remote display to work?

Thanks!

The old FMD 811 should come with a cable that connects to the antenna connection with the other end having an 8 pin molex connector. Normally that connector would go into the OPTION hole on the radar and plug onto the radar slave connection. People would seal up the rest of the option hole with RTV to keep it sealed. The wiring is explained in the FMD811 manual posted on our website of that product page.

Hello, I have an FMD-811 in my cockpit and a model 1941 radar at the nav table. I see there was at some point an RP-110 plotter installed but only the video switch box remains installed. The 1941 works fine but the FMD-811 only powers on and no radar painting on screen (video) and controls like range and standby don't have any effect on the 1941. I have gone through the basic wiring and am wondering if I should remove the RP-110 adapter board and join PCB-A and CRT Monitor Board together. I also will check the continuity on the cable that joins the FMD-811 to the 1941 unit to make sure nothing is open there.

Is there anything else I should be checking?

Thanks,
Tony

Back