1870f - Easy Routing/Updating Software

jasgator5220

Anybody have a guess as to why when I press my roto key Easy Routing is not displayed as an option? Routing comes up, but its not the same as Easy Routing. I do have compatible C-Map Charts installed.

Update: Figured out the issue is that the unit's software has never been updated. Now I'm trying to figure out how to this . . . certainly no computer wiz. Pulled the software from the Furuno site, thought I put it on a new 16GB SD card, but the unit is not recognizing it and when I go to the memory card menu the unit is telling me not a user card, or something to this effect. Perhaps I need to format the SD card first?

Normally you don't need to format SD cards but if having problems it is a good idea to format it in the unit first for the best compatibility for updating.

My boat sits in a garage so my range of options for practicing with my 1871 is limited because of the house structure. In any case, I decided to hook up the 1871 to my home Wifi just to see what happens. When I did that, after a few minutes a screen message informed me that there was a newer version of the software and then talked me through the procedure to do the update. With my Wifi connection, the whole process took about 5 minutes although the screen messages said it could take much longer.

So my advice is to try hooking up your unit to Wifi and see what happens. So, Home, Settings, General, Wireless Lan then enter your home Wifi password.

Back