1870 vs 1871 accufish

Sabatti

Last year upgraded from 1870 to 1871 (kept 1870 for backup) and the best update is the A scope on both screens when split, 1870 only very right side. However, accufish fish is not as functional on the 1871 as 1870. First, you can not increase the fish size on the 1871 and most of the time I can not read the number, and the 1870 you can increase to large. Also, the accufish on the 1871 does not separate the fish individually as good as the 1870 e.g. a kokanee school on the 1870 shows 50 or 60 separate numbers between 7-11”. The 1871 does not separate out individual fish and shows the schools of fish 40-50” lumping the fish together. If it were not for the xtra A scope on BL, which shows jig + fish bite so much better on the 1871 , I would probably still be using the 1870. Anybody else have the same experience. Furuno says accufish in both units are the same but my actual experience shows not so? Thanks

These units have totally diffrent sounders. The GP1871F supports CHIRP for example, the GP1870F does NOT. Not sure if it was the Furuno dealer or who mistakenly told you that, but these sounders are not close to being the same except they both use a ten pin transducer connection. For BD and AF features always consult the documents posted under that particular product. Sorry to hear that someone gave you that understanding.

I use the same transducer on both units to get accufish, the 525-5pwd, 50/200. Don’t have chirp transducer + you lose accufish. Camas told me 1870 and 1871 use same microprocessor function for accufish, did not change from 1870 to 1871
so I assume you get same readings using same transducer?

Completely diffrent sounder circuits so there will be some processing difference. If you really like the 1870F sounder, maybe run it as the sounder and the 1871F as your plotter. One difference that might be what you are seeing is the introduction of Rezboost. The 1871F has standard and enhanced Rezboost and minimum the standard processing will be applied and it will make the targets look diffrent. Some people used to the FCV585 loved the Rezboost addition on some of the newer models like the FCV588 but some didn't. Each has their own taste on sounder look and presentation.

Thanks for the info. The only advantage for my type of fishing of the 1871 vs 1870, is the dual A Scope on the 1871, missing on the 1870. This allows you to see the bites in deep water directly below the boat in the bottom li k mode I keep the rezboost off because it also uses 50/200 and interferes with accufish. I found this out when over a school of kokanee I would get 40-50 accufish #’s with rezboost off and only 1 or 2 over the same school with rezboost on.

Back