1734C Bearing is not right

fishracks

Lately my 1734c vx2 has been showing my bearing to be off as much as 90 degrees and after every sweep seems to get better maybe as little as 5 degrees and after running for 20 or 30 minutes it will be dead on except for my last trip bearing line stayed about 5 degrees off I also noticed it seems to be more off in rough water the targets are still nice and clear just shows the boat going in wrong direction any idea what's wrong?

Do you mean your radar heading line is showing you going in the wrong direction?
Do you have a heading source? If so, does it consistently report accurate heading data?

Hi Fish
Yes the heading line but it shows it straight up but targets are way off not all the time it seems like it starts reading correctly 20 or 30 minutes after transmitting for instance I was going thru a canal and marking the sides of canal dead ahead and off my stern my chartplotter showed that I was running parallel to bank as I should kind of startling at 3am and still on my first cup of coffee lol

I would start by checking the reed switch assembly in the radar antenna.
It would also be good to ensure that the trigger on the array is not loose or the array is not bent out of shape.

Thanks Johnny
I read a bunch of posts on this unit but nothing described what I am experiencing with unit I think fish tech is on to something I did notice that when it's flat Seas it works perfectly but if it's rough water or I take a wave then targets are all over the place so now my boat is out of water for winter I'll get into it at some point and see what's going on with it

I would start by checking the reed switch assembly in the radar antenna.
It would also be good to ensure that the trigger on the array is not loose or the array is not bent out of shape.
I know it's been awhile i apologize for the late update Fish you were correct i replaced the switch assembly and all is good again thank you

Back