1623 Radar No Lines Rings or Text

D

dndelisle01

My 1623 radar is displaying targets but is not displaying any lines, rings or text, so I cannot even tell which range I am on except by counting. On startup the warm-up countdown screen is blank as well Where should I look to troubleshoot?
It might be worthy to note that the unit was recently opened up to replace the power jack. During this process the ribbon connector to the display and the 2 wire connector plug were disconnected and reconnected in order to separate the display board from the main board.
Is there a reset I can try?

I doubt a reset will fix it but you can hold down arrow and menu at the same time as you power up the unit to reset it.

Thanks! It was worth a shot. Do you know what board components generate that overlay? Maybe I can take a look to see if anything came loose. Some of it must come from a ROM chip somewhere.
My local authorized repair shop is swamped and I need the unit. At least I am getting targets.

The screen data that you are missing is generated in the display unit. The display unit has the Panel board (not it) the LCD display (not it) and the DU board (it or one of the connections).

Back