1623 cable test?

bajaking

Hi,
My (old but still new to me) 1623 ran for about an hour (setup/testing/playing) with a recently replaced antenna cable, but then stopped working entirely. Display is fine, but scanner appears to have zero connectivity: I get no bearing/no heading, and scanner tests show all NG for signal, pulse, bearing (yes, after going in/out of the test), 0 rpm, no tune, etc. I've taken the radome cover off and there doesn't appear to be any damage, wiring problems, etc. The motor doesn't appear to even attempt to rotate.
I've re-seated the antenna cable connector in the display multiple times and am certain it's seated properly, so I'm deducing the cable may be the problem. How can I confirm this? Remove the cable and test conductivity between each pair of 9 ends? If so, is there a diagram mapping holes/pins between the two ends? I see colors for the scanner end listed in the manual, but no pin-out diagram for the display end.

Yes, it would be good to OHM out the cable from end to end following the pinout interconnection diagram shown on page S-1. Note if running the self test it is required to be ran twice. The first time will always say NG. (Documented as a note in the manual)

Back