12" TZ Touch "Heading Lost" at second station

ELGATODOS

Furuno Fan
I have a 15" at my lower helm, connected to the NMEA 2000, connected with a network cable and distribution box. Works 100% all the time
Added a 12" to my upper station with the same connections into the system, NMEA 2000 and network cable.

The upper station has in a red box along the top "Heading lost" and on the page "Data Source" is shows no value for heading. It has the current source as "RC42 rate compass" same as lower station via the NMEA network. "Prefered" is selected at the NR12 EV2 MFD, my Simrad 12" that's also in the tower. I've tried changing the prefered to every option of source with same results.

I searched and followed this threads instructions, which did not fix the issue.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3862

Any suggestions?

The DFF-3D info works fine on both stations.

Yesterday, I did restart the unit after changing theses.
Nick,
Make sure the following PGN Outputs are turned on:
129025 Position, Rapid Update
129026 COG and SOG
129029 GNSS Position Data
129283 Cross Track Error
129284 Navigation Data
129285 Navigation - Route/WP Information

I did not receive the error again for an hour, then it came back and never went away all day. Just ended up shutting off the alarm beeping and dealt with it.

Thanks

The heading data is being listened to by your upper station via NMEA 2000. The sounder which works is being communicated to via network. They are two different data paths. Based on your description, it sounds like the NMEA 2000 drop cable, tee or something related to the NMEA 2000 connection at that upper station has a problem. Being that it is intermittent, it will be harder to find/fix. Cheap plastic tees, defective tees/cables, poorly installed field connectors, twisted cable, or cables with tie wraps buried into them could be a cause. Let us know what you find.

I'm guessing it's in the NEMA. It actually worked fine for a few days after I posted this without doing a thing. Then I messed with some other wiring in the electronics box in the tower and the issue returned and has not gone away. I'll swap out the T-connection up top and see if that helps.

Thanks

Back