1100 scroll speed slow in LF

tyke123

Hi guys,
Having trouble getting my scroll speed up in LF. Even if I adjust the pic advance it status at a constant slow pace. HF seems fine.
Any ideas?
Cheers

tyke123,
In "theory" since both LF and HF transmit at the same time they should advance at the same rate. I don't believe I have ever seen one side advance faster than the other. Now it is possible to have the ranges set differently but the screen advance should be tied with the depth of the deepest range. That being said try a Master Reset to see if that corrects the issue.

Snips

I agree with Snips. I was scratching my head on why you think it is running slower. Snips is the Guru so I revert to him. Anything I say is just tossing thoughts out there but there are two factors that might make the speed look slow; the transmission ratio and advance/ scrolling speed. The transmission ratio is varied by the range, Noise Limiter, PRR level and TX Pulse. You might try to set Noise Limiter to 0 at NL menu, PRR Level should be 20 and TX pulse should be shorter than standard(STD) under TX/RX menu. Keep in mind if you are losing the bottom echo (like due to turbulence), that will also makes the transmission ratio slow for searching the bottom, so try Bottom Search Mode OFF under E/S menu. (and maybe fix the cause of the turbulence if possible) The advance/ scrolling speed is changed by the advance speed at PIC advance menu. Scroll time and smoothing settings under DISP menu.
The picture advance should normally be 1/1, and scroll time and smoothing settings should be OFF.

Thanks for the tips and advice!
Will adjust when I’m on the water next and hope I have a result.
I have attached a photo of the installation. I’m wondering if the two different transom distances are affecting the quality of read?

Attachments

• E2D356C3-9C8E-45C5-AC37-DBE16366D1F3.jpeg
    E2D356C3-9C8E-45C5-AC37-DBE16366D1F3.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 960
Tyke123,
Can you post a couple of pictures showing where you mounted the transducer on the transom?

Snips

Back