Compatibility of NEW flir M-series cameras

flowmotion

Furuno Fan
Is the new FLIR M232 fully compatible with the TZ touch2? The link in the Furuno "Using FLIR M series" document links to the old FLIR M series. Will Furuno be updating the compatibility list?

The only IP video that the Furuno can see is AXIS cameras/video servers. I suppose it might be possible to get some sort of IP video decoder to give you composite to use with the TZT2 but I haven't heard of anyone testing that. Currently we offer no compatibility with any of the IP Video FLIR models. This is something that may change with software in the future.

From the FLIR M-series specifications:
Analog Video Output NTSC, 30 Hz or <9 Hz
Analog Video Connector Types F-type BNC with BNC-to-RCA adapter included for video out

I see no IP issues.

Can the TZtouch2 interface to these cameras?

The M232 is an IP camera not an analog video camera. M-series is m625s m625cs m324s m324cs or m618c/s which use analog video signal and Ethernet for control of camera.

M232 is consider an M100/200 camera which video is IP. At this time Furuno displays do not accept FLIR IP cameras. You need to get a ION r100 video decoder to change IP signal to analog. This is the only decoder know to work correctly. The Axis decoder does not work correctly. You will also need to purchase a JCU-3 FLIR part: A80510 . This is needed to control the M232 camera with 3rd party (NON Raymarine Displays) Keep in mind you will lose the Clear Crusie function which highlights targets on screen in yellow.

Thanks

I see Furuno updated their Flir camera information (see technical library). It shows Flir M series connected to the TZtouch2 via an ethernet hub, analog video, poe injector and JCU. It also states " controls for the latest model 400 are not supported...."

The network diagram shows analog video from the M-series into the TZ.

So, once again, please provide the Flir model numbers in the M series that will work with the TZt2 as shown in the network diagram.

https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... ameras.pdf

As the Diagram stated all M series Cameras. Which mean only M Series or cameras with Analog video out.

M series cameras refers to the following M324, M625, M617, M618 all gyro stabilized with some Dual payload models are compatible with Furuno. It is a basic analog video signal. Same goes for Fixed mount "MD" series.

M100/200/400 AKA M132, M232, M400 are IP video cameras and Furuno does not support. You can get a IP Decoder which will convert the IP signal to Analog but will be required to purchase a JCU3 (Joystick Control unit ) from FLir.

The Furuno document is not clear. It should state the model numbers of the cameras since all start with M and are thus M Series.

Looking at the cameras listed above, they all cost a lot of money.

Officially only the non-stabilized FLIR M Series units are supported for Full control and video. FLIR is always adding more units to the market so it is always good to check. Any FLIR that offers composite output can have the video connected to the NN3D/TZT/TZT2 units. Not all of them offer tilt or PTZ control. FLIR units that don't have composite video and offer new IP video would require a IP to Composite converter from FLIR. This will allow you to see the video but as of right now these newer IP video units would not have any Tilt or PTZ control if that camera has them. You would just need to use the FLIR JCU to steer those cameras. The M400 although it hasn't be officially supported has been working fine with the TZT/TZT2. Early M400s had an issue suddenly pointing to the sky but as I understand it FLIR has solved this via a new firmware update. To be more specific about your question on the FLIR M232; it is not FULLY compatible. It would require the IP to Composite converter so you can see the video and then use the FLIR JCU for steering. The TZT/TZT2 will show the FLIR just fine once you convert the video properly.

My marina has an M232 and joystick for sale as we speak and i was thinking of purchasing it. Do you think the quality of the camera would be reduced if that converter piece is utilized. Im not too worried about control on the screen itself and would just use the joystick. More worried about the picture. The FLIR rep at the marina explained it would work just fine with the TZT and 2 i have on my boat. But thats the rep.

Are are still testing the converter but they seem to do a good job with the video. This should only be needed for about 6 months. We found out that Japan is working on software changes to the TZT2 to allow direct connection without a converter sometime later this year if all works out.

I interpret that to mean in 6 months the M232 video can be directly hooked to the TZtouch2 via Ethernet and the camera controlled by the separate flir controller. That is good news.

Is the IRIS 116 video signal compatible with the TZtouch2? It is NTSC analog. The overall configuration would be a separate joystick control with connection to the TZt2 for video.

Hi:

I am new to the forum so please indulge me if I am not in the right place. I just upgraded the software on my two TZTL15F units to v 8.01. I noticed that one of the new capabilities is the "FLIR Cameras M300 series connectable". Does this mean that the M300 series can connected to the MFD via IP? Is the video quality 1080p? Can the Flir unit be operated through the TZTL15F? I could not find anything online that speaks to this new capability, so any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

No that means that the FLIR camera can be connected on the network for steering control. FLIR video must be connected by composite for all TZT2 units with exception to some models for the TZT2BB. The TZT2BB has a faster processor and more memory so more kin to the TZT3 and can have some models provide video my IP. TZTL officially must use composite, that said I have seen some users use the M232 via IP but officially it isn't supported. A lot has to do with how much is on the system/network because TZT2 just doesn't have but so much horsepower.

I came across this posting and need a clarification. I’m in the process of upgrading my NN3D to the TZT2BB. As part of my upgrade I’m considering adding a Flir M364C dual payload camera and would like to understand my options for connecting it to my TZT2BB. I’m not concerned about controlling the M364C with the TZT2BB as I plan to add a JCU2. I’ll have a TZTL12F on my flybridge and as I understand it the TZT2BB analog video in signal can not be shared with the TZTL12F. The Furuno compatibility doc says the M364C can be connected to the TZ3 ver 2 via IP video. I’ve been told the TZ2BB is more akin to the TZ3 in terms of processor and memory, however, I wasnt able to find anything on how the M364C can be connected to the TZTBB via IP.

Can you confirm if the TZT2BB is able to connect to the M364C via IP? If so is there a document to show network configuration? Thanks

The TZT2BB can connect to the M364C via IP but the TZTL12F on the flybridge can not. As you say the TZT2BB is more akin to the TZT3.

The TZT2BB can connect to the M364C via IP but the TZTL12F on the flybridge can not. As you say the TZT2BB is more akin to the TZT3.
Johnny, ok thanks for confirming that the TZT2BB can connect to the M364C via IP. Since the TZTL12F on the flybridge won’t be able to receive IP video could I simultaneously use IP video to the TZT2BB in the pilothouse and Analog/RCA to the TZTL12F on the flybridge?

if so I assume I can use two JCU2 (one pilothouse and one flybridge) to independently control the M364C (obviously not at the same time). Thanks

Yes, as long as the FLIR will put out both video streams simultaneously that should work fine. You might check with FLIR to ensure both streams will be output.

Johnny, yes per the Flir manual all video signals are output simultaneously. I guess I will need two icons on my home page, one for Flir IP video for pilothouse and one for Flir RCA for flybridge. Does that sound right?

Back