Another transducer question

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
The B45 Airmar worked well with the cable. Now that I have boat home I have been digging around in the cables and I may have identified the other transducer. It looks to be an Airmar B256 part # 41-096-1-01 which cable will I need to make it work with the TZT2 units?
This seems to be a really nice ducer , I think it will work very well for my needs. I troll and bottom fish in 65 to 200 feet and I want to do some deep dropping also.
Thanks again ,
Lee

If the B256 has a furuno 10 pin cable it should plug directly into the tztouch2 and work fine.

That transducer is a B256 originally made for Raymarine. You should be able to reuse the transducer if you cut off the connector and put on the Furuno 10 pin. You should ask Airmar about wiring because some Raymarine transducers use a different temp sensor so the temp might not work.

I have pulled the transducer cable out of the looms for access. There is a resistor or something inside the cable close to the plug. Do I leave this or cut the cable behind it to splice the new pigtail?

No resistor in the cable. I would cut about 6 inches from the connector, so if you decide to reattach it again for some reason, you have some cable to work with.

Back