DFF-3D Problem

pablor

i am having some major interference ONLY on the middle beam of the DFF3D. Absolutely no issues on the side beams. i have tried every setting to no avail. i have reset both the hardware and software to factory defaults. Please see attached pictures. Nothing but garble on the down view.

Attachments

• 20171218_072146.jpg
    20171218_072146.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 3,327
  • 20171218_072130.jpg
    20171218_072130.jpg
    739.4 KB · Views: 3,327
BTW, these pictures were taken at the dock with no other transducer or electronics running. Just the TZt14 with the DFF3D. when it was installed in June it was working flawlessly. No other changes have been made to the boat

Wow, almost positive that is electrical noise. We see this sometimes with the larger WASSP multi-beam units. The center beam always reflects the combined noise. You should be looking for either a grounding problem or noise on the boat. Tech support has found customers missing the transducer shield being properly grounded to the case as it enters the machine. Ensure that is grounded well as required. Then you want to check the overall grounding of the DFF3D. If that is good; look for sources of noise. Maybe something was recently added to the boat that might be causing the noise? Turn everything off you can, including the engines and test.

pablor,

We were discussing your NavNet NN3DBB and TZT system on THT. Are you still running this hybrid system with the DFF1 and DFF3D connected to the hub? I'll be interested in knowing what this new interference problem is and if it's related to the hybrid network vs. an external noise or grounding problem.

I had similar issues in a hybrid system. This was running DFF1, MFD12, DRS4, TZT2, DFF3D, HUB101.

When first turned on, things worked great. The next day, turning on all gear after getting into deep water, gave similar results to what you saw; some type of issue with center beam. After messing with all settings, the only thing that solved it was full factory resets on hardware and reboot of all equipment when in water a couple of hundred feet deep. After that, no issue.

I don't think this is a noise problem. I have not seen these symptoms since, but have been using Nobeltec primarily.

Attachments

• 20171001_110736.jpg
    20171001_110736.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 3,203
Problem solved. The transducer cable shield was not installed correctly inside the dfff3. Once I spliced the transducer cable correctly per the Dff3d installation instructions, All is good. Thanks for the help. No issues with a hybrid system whatsoever...

Pablor,
Thanks for the update and I am glad to hear it was an easy fix.

Loose transducer shields, poor or a missing ground can allow noise into the DFF3D which can cause that spoke of noise to appear directly under the vessel.

Snips

DFF3D_Cabling.gif

I have enclosed a two pictures on what the DFF3D Cable/Assy and Clamp should look like when they are done properly.

Deep Blue - :)

Attachments

• DFF3D_Clamp.gif
    DFF3D_Clamp.gif
    44.6 KB · Views: 3,135
Back