Sounder help

rockfshr

Furuno Super Fan
I recently upgraded to TZT2-12. Works great but not happy with sounder. The only component I kept was the transducer. (Airmar B164-20, p/n 41-395-1-01, Date 02/10). I will try to attach the settings as I may have made a mistake. From your web site this is one of the transducers you recommended. I can’t find it in the models portion of the set up. I’m not able to get Rezboost. My boat is a 26’ Regulator. It does not have a pocket for a B260. I would like to make the existing transducer work but I can install a new one if that’s my best option. I have been researching this for awhile . I would prefer a transom mount : What’s your recommendation?

Thank you

Another question. On The Furuno wed site under accessories, transducers for TZT2.I see two part numbers,556-TID-LTD/20 (B-164) which is the same transducer I have and another transducer part number 525TID-TMD (TM258) which I thought may work for my application. At the top of this list there is a note as follows
This unit utilizes a 10-pin Transducer/Multisensor connection. These transducers enable all standard Fish Finder features including RezBoost, but DO NOT support Bottom Discrimination. To utilize the Bottom Discrimination mode of the TZTL12F please select a transducer from the "Bottom Discrimination Transducers" list.
This would indicate to me that all of the transducers on that list will provide all the functions except Bottom Discrimation on the TZT2.
Neither one of the transducers listed above are on the list in the setup menu as models so they must be manually entered.
On page 7-15 of the owners manual I believe it states that REZBOOST Is not available if,
“Not available if the transducer is manually selected or a non compliant transducer is used”
Am I understanding this correctly?
Thank you
Wayne

There are two modes to rezboost. Standard (default/normal) and Enhanced. Enhanced requires more specific transducers be used as does bottom discrimination. We will check with Japan on the wording on the manual but it is correct that you can not run enhanced rezboost or BD without having on of the specific model transducers. If in doubt, it is always good to ask.

Johnny Thank you for getting back to me. I updated my boat from NavNet 1 to the TZT2. From day one I have felt that the NN1 sounder performed better than the TZT2. I am not sure if I have not set it up correctly or the existing transducer is not a good match . The more I learn the less I understand. What transducers provide the maximum enhanced Rezboost? Could I have the settings wrong? I run in Auto should I run in manual?

Thank you for your help!
Wayne

As far as best transducers to use for Enhanced Rezboost using the internal sounder; the TZT2 Operator's Manual lists two 1KW units. Either option would be excellent if your boat and pocketbook works for one of them.

Capture111.JPG

Auto or manual mode is user preference. What one likes another may not. I would recommend trying each and see which you prefer. If you think you have problems with sounder, I would recommend you take lots of photos and post them to the sounder topic area. Snips is very good at spotting problems but will need some photos to work with.

No, it has only been two days since the post. With the holidays they just opened their office today. I will post a response as soon as I get something back.

--Reply--
The statement at the bottom of page 7-15 " *Not available if the transducer is manually selected or a non-compliant transducer is used. " is related to the "ENHANCED" ReZboost.

If you connect a transducer that not compatible or listed (like Manual setup) then the unit defaults to "STANDARD" ReZboost. In fact, that will be the only available setting under ReZBoost and CAN NOT be deselected. Enhanced can offer better target separation than standard but as shown, in the documents, requires one of the suitable transducers.

Back