FCV585 broken pins!!

salmonkiller

I have a FCV585 and two of the pins for one of the plug-ins have broken off.... I cant remember if the plug is for the power or the transducer.

The unit will sometimes just shot-off off and then it will not turn back on.

I un-plug it and plug it back in several times until the unit fires back up.

Can this be fixed? Can I buy a new male plug in, take the unit apart and solder in a new one?

Thanks for your help

You would first need to find out if the problem is on the cable connector or with the connector on the back of the unit. If the unit is turning off, it must be the power connection. It is possible to buy a new power cable or the chassis Jack connector for the back of the machine from your Furuno dealer (depending on which you need). The chassis jack is soldered onto a board so you will need some skills.

Good afternoon Salmonkiller,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please see the photo below that shows the front view of the power connector and the pin out. If it is the power connection that has broken pins, the pins may not be affecting power to the unit, depending on what pins are broken you might be ok.

Power Plug 585.JPG

Power Pin Out.JPG

That said i agree with Johnny, if the unit is powering itself off then there is something wrong with power to the unit. Either a bad cable, connection to main breaker, fuse, or the internal power connection on the board.

We need to try and isolate the source.

C-Bass

It’s pins 6 & 7 that are completely broken off. Maybe when it’s plugged in it pin 7 is actually making good contact despite being broken.. that would explain the unit having a hard time powering on and then turing off periodically...

How do I get this fixed ???

So do you want to replace the whole Connector PCB or just the plug?

The link you provided it appears it is just the connector, it appears to the the correct one.

C-Bass":1n7imd9i said:

So do you want to replace the whole Connector PCB or just the plug?

The link you provided it appears it is just the connector, it appears to the the correct one.
For ease of fixing it I want to replace the entire doohickey…. not just the broken pin plug. I cannot solder and would have to have some do it for me.

If the whole connector PCB is the entire doohickey then “YES” I want to replace the whole thing

I just want to be able to plug the new doohickey in and put it all back together.

Is the Doohickey a 02P6342 / MFG# 000-156-406 ?

Finally got the part after it was back ordered....Installed it today and powered it on and it wouldn’t turn on ???? after further investigation I found there were pieces of the old broken pin stuck in the female plug..... I dug it out, put some dialectic grease on the plug and it works perfectly!!! Fish on!!

watagun":267n0j2u said:
I have the same problem. One of the pins is stuck in the female plug. How did you dig it out
I used a safety pin.... it took some work but i eventually got it out..
Good luck

Back