Dff3d Transducers

Easygoing

I have purchased a TZT2 12 and plan to buy the Dff3d black box. I've attached a pdf with Dff3d transducer options. There seems to be limited information online regarding the specs of these transducers. Here is a list of the Dff3d transducer options:

165T-B54 Bronze Thru-Hull Multi-beam Transducer
165T-B54 Bronze Thru-Hull Multi-beam Transducer
165T-TM54 Transom Mount Multi-beam Transducer
165T-50/200-SS260 DFF3D 50/200 Stainless Combination Thru-Hull
165T/265LH-PM488 DFF3D/CHIRP Combination Pocket
165T-50/200-TM260 DFF3D 50/200 Combination Transom Mount

Does anyone have information on the Q values or minimum depths of operation for all of the above?

Easygoing,
The combo transducers use the same three elements as the B-164 so in theory the "Q" should be the same i.e. 7 for 50Khz and 17 for 200Khz.

Snips

Does that pocket mount transducer have to have the face of the transducer in the water or can it be mounted in hull? Stepped catamaran hulls kinda get screwed on transducer options. Its either gotta be an In hull in front of the steps or a small thru hull in front of the steps. The b54 thru hull I think will hang down too much and also interfere with the trailer bunks. Are there any other options for transducer mounting placement? transom mount is last resort because of performance at speed behind the steps

I'm hoping at some point furuno will come out with a pair of flush mount thru hull transducers for the dff3d system. One that will go on either side of the vhull and work together. I don't want a fairing block and a transom mount isn't ideal either

Tailin Strange,
It is highly recommend to have the face of the PM transducer in the water. I totally agree with you about mounting transducers on cat hulls. Do you have a flat spot just forward of the transom?

Snips

Snips":7vgjy5eh said:
Easygoing,
The combo transducers use the same three elements as the B-164 so in theory the "Q" should be the same i.e. 7 for 50Khz and 17 for 200Khz.

Snips

Snips, I am going to purchase a TZTOUCH2 15 and the 3D sounder. I was wondering if the 165T-50/200-SS260 DFF3D 50/200 Stainless Combination transducer would work with the Tztouch2? As in, show bottom discrimination, accu-fish and the other features that the internal sounder has? I was going to install two transducers, the 526tid-hdd and the 165T-b54.

Thanks.

Mfc,
If you have the room I would lean towards the 526TID-HDD as it is a better 50/200Khz transducer than the B-164 elements that are in the combination transducer.

Snips

Snips":2p3lh99z said:
Mfc,
If you have the room I would lean towards the 526TID-HDD as it is a better 50/200Khz transducer than the B-164 elements that are in the combination transducer.

Snips
Ok Thanks, what would you prefer the CA-50/200-12m 1KW transducer or the 526TID-HDD transducer for the internal sounder of the TZtouch2?

Mfc,
The 526 comes with a high speed fairing block plus it has a temperature sensor. The 12M doesn't have temperature or a faring block. However if you slightly modify a B-260 fairing block you can make it work with the 12M. Both transducers have very close to the same performance but I would give the 12M a slight edge in it's ability for detecting hard/soft bottom types.

Snips

Back