Adding Radar to MFD12

25GradySailfish

Hello All,

I have a MFD12 on my boat. Currently it functions as a plotter and sonar. There is a separate sonar module mounted in my console, I assume this is a DFF1 unit?

Anyways, I would like to add a DRS4D radar to the system, as the boats current radar is a raymarine and its no longer functioning properly.

Is adding the radar as simple as plugging the harness into the MFD12? Looks like all the radars are ethernet, are there two cables? One to supply power from the MFD to the DRS4d and an ethernet cable to run back to the MFD?

Would I need to add an ethernet hub to do this with the DFF1 already installed? I am currently unsure what the back of the MFD looks like as far as which ports are available and which aren't.

Is adding the radar as simple as plugging the harness into the MFD12? Looks like all the radars are ethernet, are there two cables? One to supply power from the MFD to the DRS4d and an ethernet cable to run back to the MFD?

Would I need to add an ethernet hub to do this with the DFF1 already installed? I am currently unsure what the back of the MFD looks like as far as which ports are available and which aren't.

The MFD12 has one network port. To run both a network radar and a network sounder, you will need a hub. If the MFD12 is the only MFD in the network, you can get by with an off the shelf hub if you want. The DRS4D can get its power directly from the MFD12 so no need for any radar power supply.

Back