Fax 30

A

Ajoupa

thanks for an interesting forum.
Have just installet a nearly new fax 30 in PC konfiguration.
Does anybody know How I can set the UTC time and transfer the position to the Fax 30??
Sincerelly
Benny

The Fax30 gets it time from the PC. It is recommended to set the PC to UTC time for easy understanding. The fAX30 program times given by the transmitting sites is always in UTC. I normally don't recommend the connection of GPS because the fax 30 will always connect to the strongest signal (normally the nearest station) unless you specify a specific station to receive from.

Hello.
I have now been working and reading manuals since I installed the Fax 30 on a pc. configuration in October. I also had a visit of a really capable an nice Furuno expert in Balboa. He was able to take home weather charts from California, but only from that station.
After that I read in the forum, that the best result was obtained if the pc. was running in UTC time. I changed the time, and after that, I have not received anything. I have, of course, tried to change the time back again, but with no luck of receiving anything.
It seems that the Fax 30 don't get the time from the Pc. According to the manual, the fax 30 should transfer the time, when in stand by mode (first page showing FAX and NAVTEX) but the diode is twinkling steady slow never the less what I do. I can see, that the fax is receiving something because both the SS and the SN are changing. But nothing is shown on the board.

We are now i Puerto Ayora, Galapagos and will leave bound for Marquesas about February 7. It would be very nice if the Fax 30 could work on that voyage.

Can anybody give me an idea of a solution??

Best Regards
Benny Carlsen
s/y AJOUPA

Back