SC-60 date problem

duffy

II am re-posting this as a new topic as I seem to have lost my post last week.

A problem which I cannot solve!
An SC60 which seems to be working OK, is stuck on the date of 6 March 1998!
I checked the satellites and it shows 3D with all satellites strength 9 or over.
This wrong date is shown on the SC602 display unit, and is output to the Navnet VX2 units to which it is connected from the Nav Out 1 port (to Navnet data port 2 at 4800 baud). The clock time and GPS position data is correct The heading is also correct but that is connected from an AD-10 port.

I have tried closing down and restarting, without success

Could it be a battery problem? The battery in the SC60 was changed about 6 months ago, but not the battery in the SC602 control unit.

All was working well until a few weeks ago - not exactly sure when it went wrong - only noticed when I tried to access tidal info pages. Since the the time and position data heading is correct, I would probably not have noticed the date!

Richard

We too have this problem - not responses so far to this or the original post?

Spoke to Furuno today with regards this problem. They know about it - there is nothing that can be done. There was a date "roll-over" a few months ago and this is the result. we have to live with it. Apparently will have no effect on any other aspect of the system.

Many thanks for this.
I was not aware of any rollover. Does anyone know if anything else was affected?
WIll have to check if are fall-back GP32, GP320 etc are OK.
I was just refitting an SC-50 to another boat - any news on that? Is it still OK?

Hi Duffy,

The GP32 and GP320 are OK. SC50's are also OK. As Mvtime2 mentioned, position and heading data of the SC60 will still function normally.

Thank you all for this news. Amazing that Furuno did not announce the rollover-

The problem I have is that my network takes position from the GLL sentence of the SC60 which of course includes UTC date. So I guess I need to put another GPS into the network and disable the output from the SC60, But at least the heading works, as you say.

Back