Transducer for a 45 ft. Trawler

Sdpaddler50

Very limited fishing just depth, speed, and water temp are needed for cruising up and down the coast.

The Furono system builder is telling me to use the 520-5psd, but this is plastic.

I would prefer to use the 525 Stid msd, which is bronze. My concern is the website notes this ducer is good for boats up to 30 ft. The LOA is 45 ft.

Anyone aware of any issues to use the 525Stid-MSD for a 45 ft. boat?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

You don't say what you plan to connect to the transducer. However, if you will be using a diplex system such as the internal sounder in the TZT2 series or a DFF1 that transducer will work fine for your needs assuming this is a fiberglass boat.

Still figuring this out, and have not had Furono before.

I am specifying the gear, but not doing the install.

Yes, we will likely have the Ducer feed directly to the tzt2. Any drawbacks with that?

I guess my concern is still why the specs say max 30 ft boat. I get one shot to have this installed at the yard, so just wanted to be certain it's the appropriate unit and will perform acceptably in a 45 ft boat.

I am not sure where you found the information stating a limit of 30' for this transdcuer.
However, if installed in the proper location with the fairing block you should have no issues.

It was specifically noted in the Furono Docs. I was thinking the same thing and can't see how a high end unit like this would not work but figured I would ask.

Thanks for the feedback. I will have more questions regarding the display, radar and other gear I am thinking about in the near future.

Sdpaddler50,
I am curious where exactly you saw the reference to a vessel size of 30ft for this transducer.
I saw references to speed and hull make up (wood/fiberglass) but not size.

Snips

It was noted on the Defender website. See attached. I initially said Furono docs but I may have been thinking the Defender website. PErhaps it is a typo on the Defender website.

Attachments

• IMG_0405.PNG
    IMG_0405.PNG
    655.7 KB · Views: 1,241
Sdpaddler50,
Thanks for posting that. I would have thought they would have used the same bullet points that are on Airmar's spec sheet.

Snips

Back