DRS12ax Bird Mode

CQuestII

Furuno Fan
How do you access Bird Mode in the DRS12ax radar? IS there a manual I can get to find all of the features of this radar? It only comes with installation manual. Also, I assume i do not have to go through the procedure as you did with the older VX2 12kw radars to adjust for bird detection.

Good morning CQuestII,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please see the link below that will allow you to download the operators manual for the TZT2 product. Just a side note, most of the user manuals and other documents can be found on the product pages. If you ever need another manual you might check the product page first to see about its availability.

https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/s...ation_manuals/tztl12f15f_operators_manual.pdf

In the operators manual refer to 6.22 "Bird Mode."

It would be a great test to see how the "Bird Mode" features compared to manual tuning. If you are experienced with finding birds with our older radars I would first try the "Bird Mode." To compare, you could also try and setup the radar manually like you did with the Vx2 to see if there is a difference.

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

Thanks I will try the bird mode and the old fashion tuning methods I used with the VX2.

I will let you know the results

I did look through the electronic manual that was sent with the unit but it is completely different than the one in the link you sent. The one I have was dated 6/25/2015 the one you sent is a year newer.

Thanks Tom

Back