TZT Losing AIS Targets

Acer

Furuno Super Fan
I dont know if it has something to do with the update (5.01) but after some years of flawless use the TZT now has a Problem with AIS Targets. The targes are shown, but after a while get marked with the red cross showing that he "lost" the target.

AIS itself works 100% okay, the Navisoftware connected to Navnet Shows all AIS Targets

Any idea?

Oliver

I have been experiencing the same thing, but assumed it was on the AIS side of things. I also am not alpha tagging know AIS targets consistently (Like Washington State Ferries)

I am very very very sure that it isnt an AIS issue, Timezero installed on my Navi-PC shows al targets without any drop outs.

Its just a wild guess, but I think it is a "timing" problem within the new 5.01. I have a lot of AIS traffic around, about 350 targets and therefore the timeslots a rare. If a ship cannot send due to a missing slot the MFD perhaps "thinks" that target is lost

Going to 5.01 wouldn't be the cause of your grief. You can always downgrade the software but I wouldn't. I would back up and factory clear the displays. If you get in a very congested area Class A will be a higher priority that Class B targets. You can also get target loss if your AIS antenna is getting blockage or interference from nearby items. I would also check your waypoint list for duplicates. I have saw people with duplicate waypoints bog down the units and cause AIS to work slowly or not at all.

I ran between from Seattle to Edmonds two weeks ago and I could see both Washington State ferries going between Edmonds and Kingston visually- One of the ferries was displaying MMSI only and the other was not shown at all. Both were displayed on FA-150 display in the target list.

Friday I went from Rich Passage to Elliott Bay and a known Class B tug target was not displayed on the TZT but was on the FA-150 display. Plenty of other AIS targets.

I have had this setup for 2 years with no known issues. FA-150 is brought in by a IFN2K converter.

I wrote it off to me not paying attention, but the original poster got me thinking.

This in open water, Morad AIS specific antenna 10' off the water with a tested (TDR swept cable when I installed it)

There are AIS filter settings based on speed and distance that you should check in you case. The FA150 will show but the TZT will not based on your choosen settings.

Back