Temporarily Make Route Invisible

RickVicik

Furuno Fan
I created all the routes for a multi-day trip using MaxSea/Timezero on a PC, exported them to a file and imported them into the TZT14. MaxSea on the PC allows me to make selected routes invisible to eliminate clutter. I couldn't find a way to do that on the TZT14 (v5.01). I can put each route in a separate export file, import each as needed and delete the others but I was wondering if there is a way to switch visibility on/off like in MaxSea.
---rick

The only way that comes to mind to do what your asking is as follows.
1. do a long press on the screen or rotokey
2. select overlay
3. make sure routes are unchecked (this will hide all of them)
4. home key>lists>routes list and select the route to wish to engage
You can access any of your routes from the list and engage/edit them as desired while keeping a clean chart plotter screen.

Hiding all routes worked, but I couldn't get just one to appear by selecting it from the route list. I couldn't find an option called "Engage". I tried "Edit", but that assumed I wanted to modify the route. The screenshot "Route List" is after selecting a particular route. 3 routes are visible. The selected one is from north to south from Edmonds to Shilshole. The other 2 are to Shilshole from the south and from the east. When I return to the main screen after selecting "Edit" on a particular route or just highlighting it, no routes are visible. The screenshot "Normal Display" is after returning to the main screen. Am I doing something wrong?
---rick

Attachments

• TXT14_NormalDisplay.JPG
    TXT14_NormalDisplay.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 1,372
  • TZT14_RouteList.JPG
    TZT14_RouteList.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 1,372
My apologies. You need to select "GoTo" after selecting the route you wish to use.

Back