Navnet vx2 with m260 and dff1

A

Anonymous

My now setup is, Furuno NavNet VX2, DFF1, Airmar M260 In Hull.
Having some weird isssues. Had an through hull airmar 2kw with my setup, decided to remove the through-hull because of the drag it was creating on my boat. The system was working fine with the 2kw. But I decided to go with the M260 in-hull to save from that drag. Now the HF is not reading at all, and the LF read up to 200ft, and the quality of pic is not that good, any suggestions?

The DFF1 is a 600W/1kW sounder. Make sure the DFF1 is set to 1kW.
Shooting through the hull is less efficient then a wet face transducer. How think is the hull where you placed the M260? Hopefully this is not a cored hull. Also check to make sure the tank is full.

Good day, Thank you for your response, when It comes to the dept of the hull, I had even tied a wire to the transducer and lower it a few feet below the boat to knock out the possibility of transducer location and fluid in the tank (if it's in the water, should have enough fluid) still no reading. it barely reads between 0-200 and anything more than that it doesn't read. Also like I said before on the LF settings it tries to see bottom even though I know it's wrong (when im in 15ft of water it says only 2.4ft of water.) when I turn the HF on it doesn't read at all. The M260 came with a Garmin tip, I took that tip and replaced it with the furuno tip that came off of my 2kw Airmar through hull, could there be something wrong with my wiring?

It does seem like it might be wired incorrectly.
Can you post what you did and I will have one of our tech check on it.

ok, went through the wiring over again, re-wired everything to be on the safe side, and now it seems to be reading dept right, went as high as 1200 ft yesterday (reading with no problem) yaaaaayyyyyyy, Thanks a lot. only question is, i don't seem to be getting a good reading of the bottom, what options to go in to change this? just seem to be a line showing where bottom is, but no digital picture of how the bottom looks and if there are any fish there, just a blank spot

There is a setting called "bottom level" that you need to play with, up or down. (I don't remember which)
This is for the digital readout and won't affect the sounder portion.

Back