Navnet 3d frozen on start

A

Anonymous

I have 2 mfd12 displays.had 2.05 software which I just upgraded to 2.07 incremental.i did this in hope of getting depth finder display to stop jumping to different depths but it made no difference.i decided while I was doing update s I would put in 2.13 update.after reset and disconnecting cables update seemed to fail and I now can only turn unit on and it beeps every few seconds and screen flashes. Tried master reset again and it will not reset.seems software is corrupted and messed up unit.was going to download software again and start over and hope this would get unit going..I have a 2 gigabyte card and a 32 gigabyte card.i think either should work but I have been having trouble getting unit to read card after downloading software and sat photos. Unit can see card in slot but says there are no files .on my computer I extract the files and can see them on my scan disc .does scan disc need to be formatted a certain way. Any suggestions appreciated. Bill

If you were able to verify a good upgrade to 2.07; then you should be able to use any SD chip of up to 32 gb to load maps etc. When it comes to upgrading the machine, the unit hasn't booted the system software that fully allows this extension of SD card size, so you should use a 2GB card. The file format should be in normal SD card format. If it has been reformatted in the past and having problems, we suggest using the free Panasonic SD card formatting program available online. Based on what you said, I would suggest you start with 2.07 COMBO software, then move up.

ok i sent unit back to factory and you guys got it going for me and did the 2.13 update.great service.after getting unit back i was able to get it up and running and updated my other unit to 2.13also.the only thing i have not up and running is the connection to my autopilot.it would couple to my nav on furuno but will not now.im sure its a settings issue in the wizard.in the wizard i have neama2000 and nema0183 12and3 .i read in other post that i need to know the source for the autopilot signal but how do i do that.i do know mfd 12 unit gets heading info from nema3 so i assume its 1or 2 .if i open panel are wires usually marked going to auto pilot with what the source would be.also what settings do i turn on or off to get it talking.i also have not been able to get unit to upload from web site.i download then extract the zip file .i then copy to sd card .when i put in navnet it says there are no files on sd card even though i can see them on the sd card when its on my computer.is there a fix coming for the currents.i use this feature alot and its a pain that it cuts out all the time..is there a way to display currents on the chart for say two days from now.bill

I am glad to hear you got great service from the repair center.
If you restore the users settings for each unit from your backup, then it should talk to your pilot as it did before. If you didn't back up your settings of your units, then it would be helpful if you could provide a drawing of your system, so I can help you. You said that your display gets it heading from NMEA 0183 port 3 from the pilot, so I would guess that data 3 output is most likely used to drive the autopilot. I would turn on APB, GGA, VTG, RMB, RMC, and XTE. We haven't had any problem with currents. Currents are predictions and not exact. Ensure you have the time offset setup correctly in your display. You can not see the future currents like you can with the TZT/TZT2. You can of course see the tide charts for future.

Johnny what I was referring to with with the current overlay was that prior to 2.11 update it would possibly freeze unit if left on too long.2.11 fixed the problem by shutting the overlay off after 20 minutes as a fix.i don't consider that a fix as I like it on all the time while cruising or fishing.i will insert those settings on nema port 3 as that is the only one I didn't put those settings on.hopefully that will solve problem without tracing any wires.my only other problem is the navnet 3D doesn't see the files on sd card even though when sd card is on computer it shows.trying to put satellite photos on. Bill

You should use an SD card that is in the standard SD card format and the SAT file should not be zipped or in any folders. The file should be placed right on the root of the SD card. If you need to format the card, it should be done with an SD card formatting program like the Panasonic SD card formatter program. MFD12 and MFD8 units are loaded with SD cards. Maps are loaded into the MFDBB via the USB port with a memory stick.

Back